Of the nine million youth enrolled in the International Scouting Organization, only a few have the opportunity to participate in birthday celebrations at the birthplace of our nation. The Scouters of the Isaac Davis Trail invite you to participate in such a ceremony to commemorate Patriot’s Day 2023. The Isaac Davis Trail that will be hiked on Monday, April 17 is the authentic seven-mile trail traveled in 1775 by Captain Isaac Davis and his now-famous Citizen-Soldiers. The trail ends at the Old North Bridge in Concord, where “The Shot Heard Round The World” was fired. A brief program will be held at the bridge before returning to the campsite. We anticipate each unit will have time to break camp by 1:00 PM on Sunday. All scouts hiking this trail are qualified to wear the Isaac Davis Trail patch.
A non-refundable $50 deposit is required with the REGISTRATION APPLICATION by March 28th and will be credited towards your registration. Registration is $15 per person. The fee covers the cost of buses, patches and sanitary facilities. The Campground will open for registration on Sunday, April 16th at 10 AM. The first planned activity Sunday afternoon is a Unit Leader meeting at 4 PM. The Campfire Ceremony will be conducted Sunday evening followed by Unit Leaders Cracker-barrel at 9 pm. If you plan on hiking and not camping with us please submit the Registration Application without a deposit. We will send you information as to where and what time to meet us. We ask that non-campers pay $2.00 for the patch and $5.00 for the bus after the hike in the registration trailer.
For information on registration please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 978-425-4988 further information can be found on our website www.isaacdavis.org or find us on Facebook under Isaac Davis Camporee.
To: SCOUTERS OF THE ISAAC DAVIS TRAIL
PO BOX 763
ACTON, MASSACHUSETTS 01720
Pack/Troop/Crew _____ of _______________________ plans to participate. We (will) (will not) be camping. We expect ______ Youth and ______ Adults to attend.
We (have) (have not) participated before(Cross-out words not applicable). A $50 non-refundable deposit per troop by March 28 this required with this Registration Application if you are camping.
Scout Leaders Name: ____________________________
Phone No: (____) __________
City/Town:______________________ State: ____________ Zip Code: _____________
E-mail Address: _______________________________________________
- Please provide us with an email address so we can contact you with any last-minute changes A booklet describing the Isaac Davis Trail Medal and requirements will be emailed or mailed to your unit upon receipt of your registration application. Completed copies of all participants’ health/medical records are required for the camporee. These will be retained by our medical staff for the duration of the weekend and returnedtoyouat checkout. A separate health/medical record is required for each scout and adult registering. If your unit is a coed, it is mandatory that both a male and a female adult leader accompany your unit while you are in the camp. Their names must be submitted to the committee on the registration application.Some of the health and safety rules applying to the weekend:
● Absolutely no dogs are allowed except for Service Dogs.
● Water will be available. Be sure to bring containers to carry the water.
● Latrines are provided. Each troop will need to furnish their paper.
● Please plan to carry out all your own trash. No refuse facilities will be provided.
● No ground fires will be permitted. Above-ground stoves and charcoal in above-ground containers are permitted. Charcoal must be carried out by troops who brought it.
● NO VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CAMPING AREA FOR LOADING or UNLOADING.
● There are no hookups available for RV’s.Only tents will be allowed in the camping area. In order to participate, please fill out and return the “Registration Application” form promptly(No later than March 28th). Further details regarding the weekend will be forwarded. A non-refundable fee of $50 must accompany each Registration Application form to reserve your campsite and will be credited towards your registration fee.
Make Checks payable to:
SCOUTERS OF THE ISAAC DAVIS TRAIL
PO Box 763
Acton, MA 01720